New passport in lieu of lapsed/expired passport
Issuance and Amending of Passports
Sri Lanka Embassy in The Netherlands receives applications for new passports from Sri Lankan nationals. If at any time there is no further space for visas or a passport is more than 10 years old or the passport is lost, an application for a new passport can be submitted to the Sri Lanka Embassy in The Netherlands. Application forms for Sri Lankan passports are available at the Embassy or can be downloaded from <www.immigration.gov.lk>.
Obtaining a new passport
An application for a new Sri Lankan passport can be made by the following persons -
- Person who poses a Sri Lankan passport which will expire soon or has expired already.
- Person who poses a valid Sri Lankan passport in which pages for visa stamps are exhausted.
- Children who were born outside Sri Lanka with Sri Lankan Nationality.
- Person who has lost his/her Sri Lankan passport.
Requirements - to apply for a new Sri Lankan passport:
(New, and in lieu of old or Lost)
Three (03) recent colour photographs [3.5 x 4.5 cm]. The photograph should be clear, good quality, fresh (current picture) , without spectacles and with open ears and forehead.
(Two (02) copies of the following should be submitted with the original ) -
• Birth certificate.
• National identity card of Sri Lanka (if available)
• Marriage certificate (If the maiden name has already been changed)
• Previous travel document /Passport (If available)
• Citizenship certificate if the applicant is a citizen of Sri Lanka by registration.
• Statement from the Town ( Uittreksel) hall confirming present nationality as a Sri Lankan.
• Written consent from both parents - For Children under 16 years of age
• Valid Stay Permit (Verblijfsvergunning)
• Certified copy of the entry made at the nearest Police station - In case of a lost passport.
Change of name
Name of the passport holder can be change by fulfilling the following requirements.
(Please note that for 'N' series passports, requests will be forwarded to the Controller General of the Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka for approval and if approved for required alterations)
(Two (02) copies of the following should be submitted with the original)
• Valid stay permit card of The Netherlands
• Statement from the Town Hall confirming present nationality as a Sri Lankan.
• Marriage Certificate (if the maiden name has already been changed).
• Other available proof of documentation regarding the change of name.
For Charges on passport related requests Please See Consular Charges and Conditions.
All the Dutch documents (Originals and English Translations) should be legalized/ Authenticated by the Consular Section of Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ Minister van Buitenlandse Zaken.
All the Sri Lankan documents (Originals) should be legalized/ Authenticated by the Consular Section of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Colombo